Tuesday, June 24, 2014

You Reap what You Sow



It’s easy to blame “Washington”, “Congress”, "Corrupt Corporations'. But with our actions and our vote, we have gotten what we wished for. Pogo said it long ago: 'we have met the enemy, and he is US.'

Complain, complain, complain
That is the name of the game.

We want things quick, easy and cheap
But as you sow, so shall you reap

Now we complain, complain, complain
About our world going down the drain

We want to have a finger in the pie
Of everything made under the sky

From additives to seatbelt safety
Expecting mistrust and dishonesty

We want our cake and eat it too
Too lazy to paddle our own canoo

We just don't want to pay the price
Of a world we asked for with open eyes

We point fingers left and right
Always ready to pick a fight

While we complain about pollution
We never work on a solution

That would defeat the purpose
Of us feeling so righteous

It wasn't me, it wasn't me,
It's all a big conspiracy!

It wasn't me that took that drink
it wasn't me that smoked that joint

It wasn’t me, I told my shrink
They made me do it at gunpoint

I want my cigarettes nicotine free
I want gastric bypass surgery

I want it all immediately
And above all, I want it cheaply

What’s that you said? Call me a bully?
Watch it, buster, or I'll sue you. Seriously.

leave comment here